Terms and Conditions for City Hire Cars Services and Website
- All prices referred to in these terms and conditions are GST Exclusive – 10% Gst will be added when official tax invoice is created.
- All prices quoted via phone, email or website are GST Exclusive – 10% Gst will be added when official tax invoice is created.
- If the client fails to appear, full cancellation fee applies.
- Prices are subject to change. The following factors may affect increase in prices:
- - Changes in Taxi Fares
- - Spike in fuel prices
- Price of transfer can vary from the original quotation if:
- - there is an alternate route requested
- - additional pick up required
- - the client is running late
- Waiting time incurs a charge of :
- - (First 5 minutes free.) 5mins to 15 mins $22.00
- - 15 mins -30mins $44.00
- - 30mins – 60mins $88.00
- Pickups with sedan from International flights attract a parking levy of ($29.00)Per Hour
- Pickups with sedan from Domestic flights attract a parking levy of ($12.00) Per Hour
- Pickups with Peoplemover & Commuter from Domestic flights attract a parking levy of ($29.00)
- Pickups with Peoplemover & Commuter from International flights attract a parking levy of ($44.00) Per Hour.
- Baby seats, baby capsules and booster seats attract a $15.00 surcharge.
- People Movers are charged at 1.5 times the rate of a standard sedan with five or more passengers.
- 20% surcharge applies on pick up’s between the hours of 2200-0500.
- 20% surcharge applies on public holidays.
- Event day transfers such as Grand Prix, Spring Racing Carnival, AFL Grand Final and the like will be charged at a premium rate.
- Credit Card Payments such as Visa & Mastercard do not attract a service fee.
- Amex card payments attract a 3.3% service fee upon billing – Name of Merchant is ‘Metro Cab Brokers’.
- Meet ‘n ’Greet Service-Parking fees are applicable if a client requests the driver to meet inside terminal.
- Premium Service & Everyday Service Pick Up Procedure (Melbourne Airport) – Upon your reservation, an sms will be sent to the customers mobile phone with driver, car & registration details. As client clears plane or collecting bags from carousel, they will need to contact driver directly and meet across the road near Parkroyal Hotel pick up zone.
- T4 Terminal Pick Up Procedure (Jetstar, Rex Airlines, Tiger Airlines) – Upon your reservation, an sms will be sent to the customers mobile phone with driver, car & registration details. As client clears plane or collecting bags from carousel, they will need to contact driver directly and meet across the road on Level 2 Pick up zone area.
City Hire Car Vouchers
- In order to redeem a CHC voucher – please email email@example.com to pre-book your journey.
- The voucher can be used as full or part payment against a pre-booked journey City Hire Cars up to the value on the voucher. (ie. If an amount of $89.00 is the voucher special and client wishes to use it beyond a suburb of greater fare value, the client will need to pre-pay the difference when making the reservation.)
- Recipient must prepay the remainder of the fare if fare exceeds voucher value upon booking.
- No change will be given in receipt of this voucher.
- Only one voucher can be used per journey.
- Subject to availability with City Hire Cars.
- One free transfer in conjunction with return booking only. (One per customer)
- Value price on voucher entitles customer to either discount value on ANY trip OR 1 Free Airport transfer in conjunction with return booking only. (One per customer)
Terms and Conditions
The Customer agrees to pay to CHC (City Hire Cars) the advertised or agreed price (“Price”) for the Private Tour / transfer.
Wine Tours or any transfer with CHC is a Private Tour transporting people from one place to another. Lunch and Wine Tasting Fee’s are the expense of the customer and not part of the advertised fee.
Cancellation Fees for Tours / Private Transfer’s — If the Customer cancels or changes a Booking then the Customer agrees to abide by any cancellation or alteration policy of the transfer which may include the payment of a charge for the cancellation or change. BUT the Customer agrees that notwithstanding any cancellation or refund policy of the Operator, CHC shall at all times be entitled to retain the full booking price.
Fixed Price Bookings – some bookings are made with an UP TO certain amount of hours condition.
This refers to the vehicle with driver for the clients exclusive use UP TO the amount of hours quoted and or paid for.
If tours or transfers are completed before the quoted hour limit and the journey is finalized, there is no entitlement to a refund for the shorter or reduced time period. The price quoted is for UP TO the hours quoted only.
Additional hourly rate of $150.00 + Gst is applicable if time exceeds hourly limit. The full fee for the hour is applicable over the time limit.
If a reservation is made for use UP TO the hours on an original booking and if earlier time is changed, the hours will added onto original time of booking. If it exceeds the booking block in hours, additional fee of $150.00 + Gst is applicable per hour will be applicable.
If food or drink is consumed in vehicle and is left in an unsatisfactory condition - the client will be liable for a $150.00 + Gst cleaning fee.
If vehicles have been dispatched or arrived for a scheduled pick up and a cancellation takes place, the full fee of the job value will be charged.
Cancellation by you, the Customer — If you are not able to partake in a Private Tour on the date and time you have booked you should contact CHC as far prior to this date and time as possible. CHC’s refund for a tour or any transfer is based on the individual companies Refund and Cancellation policy. The Customer agrees that notwithstanding any cancellation or refund policy of the Private Tour, CHC shall at all times be entitled to retain at least the full booking price.
Cancellation by CHC (apart from weather) — In some cases CHC may make alterations to a private tour or any transfer date, price, inclusions, itinerary, minimum numbers, ages etc. CHC reserves the right to cancel, change, transfer or substitute any private tour that you have booked, at any time and for any reason. If you choose not to accept the alternatives offered you will be entitled to a full refund including the booking fee. Notwithstanding the above, if we receive advance notice of a significant change to a reservation, we will make a reasonable effort to communicate this to you and to facilitate an amendment of the booking.
Everyday Service not available on Public Holidays (**Price defaults to Premium Service Rate)
Cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number.
Please note that we are not a Common Carrier nor shall we accept any liability whatsoever as such .
In addition, notwithstanding any other clause in our terms and conditions, we may at our absolute and entire discretion, and for any reason, at any time, refuse to accept a journey or transfer for You.
We reserve the right (at our entire and absolute discretion) to rely upon any and all of the following indemnities:
- Subject to law, You will indemnify us entirely and absolutely from any and all loss or damage You or a third party sustains in connection with any conveyance, transfer or transport of persons or goods by Us and in relation to any service we provide you with be it negligent, wilful or by wilful omission (this includes all subcontractors of ours as herein defined).
- You will indemnify us for any loss or damage caused to any third party whatsoever and entirely (be it physical or property loss) arising by Your own acts, negligence or omission in relation to Your engagement of Us for the services we provide.
- You will indemnify Us for any loss or damage You sustain resulting from any reasonable delay by Us and You acknowledge that in the normal course of business, delays in delivery can be caused by factors beyond our direct control or those that are not reasonably foreseeable by Us, including but not limited to road works, accidents on or near road carriageways, acts of nature including rain, flood and fire, delays in third party terminals including airports, in connection to wharves, railway sidings and freight stations, traffic jams, public events including protests and sporting fixtures, with respect to regulatory body monitoring of heavy vehicles including weighing, break downs, laws pertaining to speed limits for vehicles, unforeseen delays with respect to administration, extraordinary staff situations (such as strikes or industrial action), an act of war and/or terrorism, or any other event including those related to collection and delivery points.
- From time to time, misadventure, accidents or circumstances may occur that may render Us unable to transfer you. In such cases, You agree to indemnify Us from any and all loss as sustained by You in relation to non-delivery that arises from such circumstances beyond Our direct control and influence. In such case, You may have remedies against other parties.
- In any legal action commenced by You, You shall make payment into Court, a reasonable amount at Our or the Court’s discretion to secure Our legal costs of defending any and all legal proceedings brought by You or including You or Us as a joined party.
- All services are supplied at Your own risk. We are not liable for any delay, loss or damage arising from supply or Our failure to supply services and this shall apply to any consequential losses including but not limited to loss of profits.
- You will indemnify us for any loss or damages We may suffer or any costs, damages or expenses We incur either to You or to anyone else if We receive any written notice of claim in connection with the Goods and services.
Limitation of liability
- To the extent permitted by law, We exclude all conditions, warranties and guarantees provided or implied by any State, Territory or Commonwealth law, including but not limited to any statutory consumer guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). If you are a “consumer” as defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), these Conditions do not affect your rights under that Act.
- Our total liability for a breach of any conditions, warranties and guarantees provided or implied by statute is limited to the statutory consumer guarantees described in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or similar remedies under any applicable State or Territory legislation.
- Notwithstanding any other Clauses, We bear no liability for any loss You suffer:
(a) Arising from our services, including but not limited to any failure by Us to perform any services in connection with the transfer or other services, any mis-delivery, failure to deliver or delay in performing the services;
(b) Arising from any loss, damage or injury or any part thereof; and/or
(c) Arising from Your use of the Goods,
for any reason whatsoever including breach of contract, negligence, breach of duty as Bailee or wilful act or default.
- We will not be liable:
(a) For any loss of income, loss of profits, loss or markets, loss of reputation, loss of customers, loss of use, opportunity loss, loss of deterioration, loss of business, loss of goodwill even if We had the knowledge that such damages or losses might arise or for any other indirect, incidental or special damages or loss howsoever arising including without limitation Our breach of contract, negligence, willful act or omission or default.
(b) If we do not fulfil any obligations under this Agreement as a result of circumstances beyond our control (including, but not limited to acts of god, force majeure, industry disruptions, latent defects, criminal acts), your acts or omissions, third parties acts or omissions, Goods consisting of prohibited items and/or Our refusal to make any illegal payments on Your behalf.
- You agree that all of the rights, immunity, exemptions from liability granted to Us by this Agreement, shall have and continue to have, their full force and effect in all circumstances, whether or not, the same occurs in the course of performance by Us of the Contract or are in the contemplation of You and/or Us or are foreseeable by You or Us or would constitute a fundamental breach of the Agreement or any clause hereof.
City Hire Cars General Disclaimer Notice
Access to this website is subject to the following disclaimers, terms and conditions:
- The material on this website is of the nature of general comment only, and does not purport or intend to be advice for any particular situation. Users of this website should not act on the basis of any matter in this site without considering (and, if appropriate, taking) professional advice with due regard to their own particular circumstances. The decision to sell (or not to sell) and the method of trading is for the user alone.
- City Hire Cars expressly disclaim all and any liability to any person, whether a user of the website or not, in respect of anything and of the consequences of anything done or omitted to be done by any such person in reliance, whether in whole or in part, upon the whole or any part of the contents of this website.
- City Hire Cars disclaims all responsibility and liability for any loss, direct or indirect, or damage resulting from the use of the website.
- As a user of this website you release City Hire Cars from any and all claims relating to the usage of information or material made available through this site.
- The information contained and accessible from www.cityhirecars.com.au Web site is copyright to City Hire Cars. No material on this website may be reproduced, adapted, distributed or transmitted in any form without specific written consent of City Hire Cars.
Last updated 5 June 2018