Terms and Conditions for City Hire Cars Services and Website
- All prices referred to in these terms and conditions are GST Exclusive – 10% Gst will be added when official tax invoice is created.
- If the client fails to appear, full cancellation fee applies.
- Prices are subject to change. The following factors may affect increase in prices:
- - Changes in Taxi Fares
- - Spike in fuel prices
- Price of transfer can vary from the original quotation if:
- - there is an alternate route requested
- - additional pick up required
- - the client is running late
- Waiting time incurs a charge of :
- - (First 5 minutes free.) 5mins to 15 mins $22.00
- - 15 mins -30mins $44.00
- - 30mins – 60mins $88.00
- Pickups with sedan from International flights attract a parking levy of ($29.00)Per Hour
- Pickups with sedan from Domestic flights attract a parking levy of ($12.00) Per Hour
- Pickups with Peoplemover & Commuter from Domestic flights attract a parking levy of ($29.00)
- Pickups with Peoplemover & Commuter from International flights attract a parking levy of ($44.00) Per Hour.
- Baby seats, baby capsules and booster seats attract a $15.00 surcharge.
- People Movers are charged at 1.5 times the rate of a standard sedan with five or more passengers.
- 20% surcharge applies on pick up’s between the hours of 2200-0500.
- 20% surcharge applies on public holidays.
- Event day transfers such as Grand Prix, Spring Racing Carnival, AFL Grand Final and the like will be charged at a premium rate.
- Credit Card Payments attract a 5.5% service fee applicable upon billing. Merchant Name: Metro Cab Brokers (includes GST)
- Meet ‘n ’Greet Service-Parking fees are applicable if a client requests the driver to meet inside terminal.
- Premium Service & Everyday Service Pick Up Procedure (Melbourne Airport) – Upon your reservation, an sms will be sent to the customers mobile phone with driver, car & registration details. As client clears plane or collecting bags from carousel, they will need to contact driver directly and meet across the road near Parkroyal Hotel pick up zone.
- T4 Terminal Pick Up Procedure (Jetstar, Rex Airlines, Tiger Airlines) – Upon your reservation, an sms will be sent to the customers mobile phone with driver, car & registration details. As client clears plane or collecting bags from carousel, they will need to contact driver directly and meet across the road on Level 2 Pick up zone area.
City Hire Car Vouchers
- In order to redeem a CHC voucher – please email email@example.com to pre-book your journey.
- The voucher can be used as full or part payment against a pre-booked journey City Hire Cars up to the value on the voucher. (ie. If an amount of $89.00 is the voucher special and client wishes to use it beyond a suburb of greater fare value, the client will need to pre-pay the difference when making the reservation.)
- Recipient must prepay the remainder of the fare if fare exceeds voucher value upon booking.
- No change will be given in receipt of this voucher.
- Only one voucher can be used per journey.
- Subject to availability with City Hire Cars.
- One free transfer in conjunction with return booking only. (One per customer)
- Value price on voucher entitles customer to either discount value on ANY trip OR 1 Free Airport transfer in conjunction with return booking only. (One per customer)
Tours Terms and Conditions
- Wine and similar Tours performed by CHC are private tours transporting passengers from point to point. Lunch and Wine Tasting Fee’s are the expense of the customer and not part of the advertised fee.
Fixed Price Bookings – some bookings are made with an UP TO certain amount of hours condition.
This refers to the vehicle with driver for the clients exclusive use UP TO the amount of hours quoted and or paid for.
If tours or transfers are completed before the quoted hour limit and the journey is finalized, there is no entitlement to a refund for the shorter or reduced time period. The price quoted is for UP TO the hours quoted only.
- Cancellation Fees for Tours / Private Transfer’s — If the Customer cancels or changes a Booking the Customer agrees that CHC may include the payment of a charge for the cancellation or change. The customer also agrees that CHC is entitled to retain the Booking Fee plus a deposit equivalent to 50% of the booking Price.
- Cancellation Procedure:
- Cancellation by you, the Customer — If you are not able to partake in a Private Tour on the date and time you have booked you should contact CHC as far prior to this date and time as possible. The Customer agrees that CHC shall at all times be entitled to retain as a minimum the Booking Fee plus a deposit equivalent to 50% of the booking Price.
- Cancellation by CHC (apart from weather) — In some cases CHC may make alterations to a private tour date, price, inclusions, itinerary, minimum numbers, ages etc. CHC reserves the right to cancel, change, transfer or substitute any private tour that you have booked, at any time and for any reason. If you choose not to accept the alternatives offered you will be entitled to a full refund including the booking fee. Notwithstanding the above, if we receive advance notice of a significant change to a reservation, we will make a reasonable effort to communicate this to you and to facilitate an amendment of the booking.
City Hire Cars General Disclaimer Notice
Access to this website is subject to the following disclaimers, terms and conditions:
- The material on this website is of the nature of general comment only, and does not purport or intend to be advice for any particular situation. Users of this website should not act on the basis of any matter in this site without considering (and, if appropriate, taking) professional advice with due regard to their own particular circumstances. The decision to sell (or not to sell) and the method of trading is for the user alone.
- City Hire Cars expressly disclaim all and any liability to any person, whether a user of the website or not, in respect of anything and of the consequences of anything done or omitted to be done by any such person in reliance, whether in whole or in part, upon the whole or any part of the contents of this website.
- City Hire Cars disclaims all responsibility and liability for any loss, direct or indirect, or damage resulting from the use of the website.
- As a user of this website you release City Hire Cars from any and all claims relating to the usage of information or material made available through this site.
- The information contained and accessible from www.cityhirecars.com.au Web site is copyright to City Hire Cars. No material on this website may be reproduced, adapted, distributed or transmitted in any form without specific written consent of City Hire Cars.